Friday, June 19, 2009

Too Good to Be True...

As I type this it still feels too good to be true. Today, hours after Ben and I bought our plane tickets to the UK, we received wonderful news that we have been offered teaching positions at the Hundred of Hoo School in the county of Kent. The school is a Specialist Media Arts school, which means a lot of their initiatives are based around using technology in the classroom (which is so exciting!)

The website for the school is here: https://www.hooschool.co.uk/ the school recently has been granted one million pounds for the following school year to improve on areas of leadership and literacy. It's not a super informative website, but fun to see!

Ben has been offered a position teaching part Drama and part English, and I have been offered an English position. We will be mainly teaching students aged 11-16 (approximately grade 6/7- grade 10/11) or so we have been told. The details of the exact course breakdown are a little bit unclear right now. But I will keep you all updated!

(that picture is Leeds Castle in Kent- not the school we are teaching in, just thought it looked cool.)

No comments: