We spend the next day in a University town called Leiden. This was an incredibly sweet town with interesting stores and bushels of happy people. We walked along the canals as we did many days and we met Gretta and her daughter for dinner. I also bought Mom some Birkenstocks as they were suuuper cheap. Overall it was a really lovely day.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Stopping in Rijswijk
We continued to have an amazing time in Holland over the next few days. We spent some more days with Gretta and Gerard -Jan (I hope I haven't butchered that spelling too badly). We spent time riding bikes to Gouda a little town about 3km away. It's been a long time since I had ridden a bike, so it was a little shaky at first. I am not the only one with a few bruises to remind me how long it had been since I rode a bike. It was so flat and the air was crisp and fresh. There are so many canals in Holland we almost always rode, or in other parts walked near or next to water. We went into town and had our first Heineken and then rode back as the sun was setting. While staying with this family we were treated to delicious meals every morning and night, played a great game of Farmer's Bridge (Karen won even though she claimed to 'never have played before'), and shared delightful conversation while looking over the lake that was their backyard. It was spectacular and unforgettable.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment